Award of various Prizes for Research Paper Presentation.
In order to encourage and inspire the young and budding research workers,
the Society holds, during its Annual Conferences, a Special Session of Paper
Presentation Competition for the award of various Prizes to be awarded to the best research
papers presented in the following group of areas. This Special Session is held as
a part of the Academic Programme with no other parallel session.
The Award of Six IMS Prizes .
The Six IMS Prizes are awarded to the best research paper presented, one each in each of the following six groups of research areas.
1. IMS Prize : Group - 1. : Discrete Mathematics (Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Posets), Lattice Theory, Set Theory, Logic, Number Theory and related areas. .
2. IMS Prize : Group - 2. : Algebraic Geometry, Geometry, Topology, Algebraic Topology and related areas.
3. IMS Prize : Group - 3. : Measure Theory, Probability Theory,Stochastic Processes,and related areas.
4. IMS Prize : Group - 4. : Differential / Integral / Functional equations and inequalities, Special Functions , Numerical Analysis and related areas.
5. IMS Prize : Group - 5. : Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Magneto-Hydrodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Relativity and related areas.
6. IMS Prize : Group - 6. : Operations Research, Optimization, Computational Mathematics, Information Technology, Biomathematics, History of Mathematics and related areas.
Three / Four judges are appointed by the Council for “Paper Presentation Competition” for deciding the award of various Prizes. Each of these six prizes listed above carries a cash award of Rs.1000/- along with a Certificate.
For the award of these prizes, FOLLOWING CONDITIONS apply :
1. The candidate must be a member of the Society for being eligible for the award of any of the above Prizes.
2. The upper age limit of a candidate for any of the above awards for a particular year is 40 years as on December 31 of that year.
3. (a) The paper to be presented for the competition has
to be under single authorship .
Authors intending to present a paper for the award of any of the above eight prizes must
For further information or clarification, write to :