IMS Prizes :
A. Narasinga Rao Memorial Prize
This Prize is awarded to the author of the best research paper published in the Journal of the Indian
Mathematical Society or The Mathematics Student. The Prize carries a cash award of Rs. 2000/- along with a Certificate.
The Prize is recommended by a committee consisting of The Academic Secretary, Indian Mathematical Society (Convener), Editor, Journal of the Indian Mathematical Society and the Editor, The Mathematics Student.
The Prize is awarded during the Inaugural Session of the Annual Conference of the Indian Mathematical Society.
For the award of this prize, FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
1. The research paper must be under single authorship, the research work must have been carried out in India and the post - doctoral research work is preferred.
2. The upper age limit of the awardee should not be more than 45 years as on the date of receipt of the paper by the Editor.
P. L. Bhatnagar Memorial Prize.
This Prize is awarded annually to the top scorer of the Indian team at the International Mathematical Olympiad. It consists of a cash of Rs. 1000/- and a Certificate. The Prize is awarded during the Inaugural Session of the Annual Conference of the Indian Mathematical Society.
Award of Various Prizes for Research Paper Presentation
In order to encourage and inspire the young and budding research workers,
the Society holds, during its Annual Conferences, a Special Session of Paper
Presentation Competition for various Prizes to be awarded to the best research
papers presented in the following group of areas. This Special Session is held as
a part of the Academic Programme with no other parallel session.
1. IMS Prize : Group - 1. : Discrete Mathematics (Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Posets), Lattice Theory, Set Theory, Logic, Number Theory and related areas. .
2. IMS Prize : Group - 2. : Algebraic Geometry, Geometry, Topology, Algebraic Topology and related areas.
3. IMS Prize : Group - 3. : Measure Theory, Probability Theory,Stochastic Processes,and related areas.
4. IMS Prize : Group - 4. : Differential / Integral / Functional equations and inequalities, Special Functions , Numerical Analysis and related areas.
5. IMS Prize : Group - 5. : Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Magneto- Hydrodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Relativity and related areas.
6. IMS Prize : Group - 6. : Operations Research, Optimization, Computational Mathematics, Information Technology, Biomathematics, History of Mathematics and related areas.
AMU Prize : Algebra, Functional Analysis and Differential Geometry.
V.M. Shah Prize : Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Fourier Analysis, Harmonic Analysis, Approximation Theory and related areas.
Three / Four judges are appointed by the Council for “Paper Presentation Competition” for deciding the award of various Prizes. Each of these eight prizes listed above carries a cash award of Rs.1000/- along with a Certificate.
For the award of these prizes, FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
1. The candidate must be a member of the Society for being eligible for the award of any of the above Prizes.
2. The upper age limit of a candidate for any of the above awards for a particular year is 40 years as on December 31 of that year.
3. (a) The paper to be presented for the competition has
to be under single authorship.
Authors intending to present a paper for the award of any of the above eight prizes must
For further information or clarification, write to :